Hey BGB’ers. You might recall a little over a week ago I published a post asking for your feedback to some questions I had regarding products and services you might be interested in.
I gave the post some time to percolate and for some of you to answer, and now today I’m back with some somewhat surprising (at least to me!) results!
So without further ado, here’s what I asked, and what many of ya’ll answered and my thoughts as I read through them.
What sort of product would you be most willing to pay for if the price was right? (Delivered via email or download)?
- 64% of you voted on a workbook/ebook style product.
- 20% of you voted on a weekly lesson.
- 16% of you chose other, with options like coaching, audio courses, private teleclasses, webinars, and interestingly maintenance of content and website structure to help generate cash. (Honestly several of these I hadn’t even considered as a product idea! So definitely food for thought here.)
- 10% of you chose a monthly newsletter
- 12% of you chose the option of all three, workbook/weekly lesson/monthly newsletter
Based on the choice above what topic(s) would you be most interested in learning about from me? As examples, would you be interested in a product on the topic of… (please check any that apply).
- 56% of you chose how to generate more traffic to your website (Gosh! from moi?! This is something I’ve always thought would be more applicable for Corbett at Think Traffic. Lol But duly noted and put into consideration! )
- 50% of you chose how to write content that engages your readers. (This surprised me a bit, but I’m warming up to it!)
- 49% of you chose how to use a blog to promote your services. (GOOD one!)
- 34% of you chose how to manage your time to produce more revenue. (Another GOOD one!)
- 32% of you chose how to get started as a freelance writer.
- 28% of you chose how to increase your sales in your business. (This was enlightening as well!)
- 28% of you chose how to get started with guest posting.
- 8% of you chose how to get started as a freelancer in general.
- 12% of you chose other with ideas like how to sell creative writing, a price listing of the cost of various services as a writer, hosting services like writer forums, working as a “literary agent” for bloggers seeking traffic, and offering direct services to business by contract or fee, how to attract guest writers to a blog, how to develop social credibility, and how to improve your writing. (gasp, gasp, gasp… sorry, feeling a bit winded! All interesting ideas to think about, so thanks BGB’ers!)
How much would you be willing to pay for a workbook/ebook if you love the topic and the resource was meaty?
- 46% of you said $27 was a good price point (One of the prices I was leaning towards…).
- 24% of you said $47 was good (And the second I was leaning towards… I feel so validated!).
- 12% of you said $17 was good.
- 9% was ok with $67.
- 7% was ok with $97 (veddy veddy intewesting as well!).
- With the overriding consensus being it’s hard to say, but if the quality was meaty and well-done they wouldn’t mind paying more.
- Oh and for the survey-ee who asked what the 7 was for in pricing structure… it’s a marketing tactic, called psychological pricing. It’s theorized that certain pricing structures have more impact than others, and for some reason 7 is considered lucky when it comes to Internet marketing. Thus far I don’t think anything has been proven definitively, but to me a price just “feels” better if it’s say $27 rather than $29.99 or $30. Odd, I agree. 🙂
How much would you be willing to pay for a monthly newsletter with an actionable content or idea you can use right away?
- 40% of you chose $7 monthly (I was really happy with this, as it’s an idea I’ve been toying with a lot!).
- 16% of you chose $9.
- 6% of you chose $12.
- 2% of you chose $17.
- None of you chose $27.
- 36% of you chose other with comments like you wouldn’t pay for a newsletter, or you might pay if it was called something else, and even your money would be better served paying someone to write for you rather than reading a newsletter (side note though, I didn’t mean a newsletter specifically about writing!) and interestingly someone mentioned the idea of an audio newsletter… something to ponder there! (You mean ya’ll want to hear my voice or something? Noted!) 😀
How much would you be willing to pay for a weekly lesson on a particular topic, delivered to your inbox for a fixed amount of time… say 52 weeks?
- 38% of you chose $17 monthly (Yay! And…).
- 16% of you chose $27 monthly (Yay! I’ve had some ideas percolating here as well!).
- 6% of you chose $37 monthly.
- Zero chose $47 monthly.
- 2% chose $67 monthly.
- 38% of you chose other with responses like $5, $20, $0, not sure, and not interested.
What additional services might you be interested in purchasing from me? Please leave pricing points you’d consider in the comments section.
50% of you (Very surprisingly to me!) chose content “Tweaking” for humor and personality. (Guess that means ya’ll find my funny? ::insert uber innocent look here::)
- 44% of you chose one time website critiques. (Really? Had no idea you’d be into that from me!)
- 36% of you chose one time content critiques.
- 36% of you chose one on one email consulting packages. (Could very well be rolled out soon!)
- 31% of you chose sales letter rewrites.
- With additional comments on what you’d be willing to pay consisting of- $19 for one time content, $20 per email for consulting, with discounts on larger packages of 5-10 emails, while others of you said up to $100 for any of these services, or $50-75 for any of these services. Others of you mentioned you’re just not in a position to buy, and also that a well established business will be able to pay more than a person just getting started. Duly noted! 🙂
My Reaction to These Results
Overall I’m extremely pleased with the feedback I’ve received from many of you. I was actually surprised with several of the answers as well as excited to feel “confirmed” on some of the others. You’ve all given me a TON to think about and decide upon, and I’m so grateful you took time out of your day to do it.
I also want to give a special thanks to the handful of you that have emailed me recently with even more excellent ideas regarding BGB and what you’d like to see more of, both paid and unpaid. I love hearing your thoughts and opinions and even critiques because it helps me make informed decisions about steps I’m considering and serves to spark more ideas I probably wouldn’t have thought of if left to my own devices.
So once again-
THANK YOU MY WONDERFUL BGB’ERS! YA’LL ROCK!
‘Nuff said. (Oh and yes I DO love you forever! Now ’nuff said.)
Also, in case you haven’t yet taken the survey, I’ve decided to leave it open indefinitely, as sort of an ongoing feedback collector from new visitors to BGB that might happen upon it. So you’re welcome to complete it now and throw in your 2 cents, I’ll be interested to see how the results evolve as more people take it.
Yes Cori, I will spend 5 minutes of my day and take this quick survey for you, as I know it will help you tremendously and you’ll love me forever because of it!
And as always, I invite you to leave your thoughts, comments, or questions below and feel free to share this post if you found it interesting. It’s always appreciated!